So yeah today, I worked a double, I got to work at 8:30 this morning, Bah, and decided I didnt feel like working since I dont do anything until 11 anyways, so... I took a nap in one of the booths, it was nice until one of the kitchen guys found me and tried to feel me up... Sick.
I made a new record for curbside tips though, that was nice, as soon as I clocked in at 11 I had a HUGE order to ring in, it was like a hundred and 10 dollar bill, that was fun considering I have only done curbside a few times... but I made like 15 bucks or so off of it, so that was nice, then I had a 7 dollar bill and made like 3 bucks, so all in all with 2 orders in a 20 minute time span I made 18 bucks, I was pretty happy, but then it was all down hill from there.... I spent the rest of the time prepping food for the cooks being groped every 5 seconds, yucky... it wouldnt be so bad except the guy is like 36 and yeah, he could pretty much be my dad.. Sick.
the night shift sucked except for well, I met someone... he was really cool.. I have never given my number to anyone that comes in (though some do ask) but I gave it to him. He also gave me his and I fully intended to call him tonight to see if he wanted to get a bite to eat at Denny's (how romantic) but when I got home I couldnt find it, I remembered that I put it in the pocket of my work shirt and left in such an excited rush, that I forgot to take it out... I went to Denny's anyways, hoping that he may call or show up, but no dice... Gah
I also found out that my regular 3rd shift waitress is giving up the night life for the blinding sun lit shifts, gar. that makes me sad because now I have to break in a new waitress/waiter... thats not fun.
She explained why and though I fully understand it still kinda sucks, I like her. I mean why else would someone go to Denny's just about every night? She told me that her schedual was not mixing well with the stresses of raising two kids and that the other day she fell asleep on the couch with her 5 year old, well he woke up and wandered outside... Scary..
next on my list of things to talk about.. I started a new book tonight, its called Boy Meets Girl... It was givin to me by my over-protective big sister. Ha. Its about waiting until you are ready for marriage to date and not get committed with anyone until you want to get married. Though I think that this theory worked for the author, I find it to be bunk.. I cannot justify that comment until I give the book a chance, but so far.. Bunk.
I am driving to Battle Creek tomorrow, that will be fun, I get to see some friends that I havent seen in over a year, I cant wait. well. I am really tired concidering I didnt get out of work until about 10 o'clock tonight. and I have had less than 4 hours of sleep every night for the past like 3 weeks. Gah.
so I am going to say aloha to anyone who decides to read this...
I hope that he calls me...
Thursday, June 24, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like you had a pretty crazy day, If the guy was interested he'll call, dont worry...
This is the first time that I have read your blog, I like it, you are real and well, raw. it seams to me that you dont sugar coat the truth and thats really cool. I will be visiting this often so keep it updated lol.
Jack
Post a Comment