Tuesday, December 02, 2003

I found out a few days ago that a friend of mine died. He was walking on the pier and got knocked off by a wave. I hadn't seen Dan in a while, it just amazes me how quickly we forget about the people in our lives. Andy died in September, he was my first real boyfriend. Even as we got older, we were still pretty good friends. When I moved we sorta lost touch until last summer, we hung out a little bit. I feel really weird about the whole thing with Dan, maybe its because I didn't know him as well as I knew Andy, or maybe I am just numb to death now. I think a lot if it is that my family gets mad when I get upset about it, so I don't cry in front of them, I cried a lot last night when I went to bed, but as soon as someone came up I buried my head under my pillow so they wouldn't hear me. I am pretending that every thing is fine at school. I don't want people to ask me a bunch of questions about him. Its too hard to answer them. When Andy died I had to go see the school guidance councilor, that was crap. I don't want to have to do that again. So I am alright I will be just fine. My friends don't seem to care all that much, why should they though they didn't know him. I just don't talk about it. Since Andy died though I have noticed that I have become really cynical, and sarcastic, I don't know if the two are linked but it was just an observation. I am pretty sure I am just going on about nothing now so I am going to stop typing. But yeah if anyone out there knows Andy Fox and Dan Reiss, I am really sorry about your loss, they were wonderful guys.

No comments: