Monday, May 10, 2004

This is my formal good bye too all of the things that I will miss and be glad to be away from. I will miss sitting in the hallway with my friends laughing about nothing and everything all at the same time. I will miss the looks on onlooker’s faces when I decide to randomly meet someone new. I will miss Friday nights with the group. I will miss Detention even though I hardly went. Its not my fault their was an orphan on the train tracks! I will miss pulling the all-nighter on a paper due the next day. I will miss Family Fare Friday’s.
I will miss the reaction I got from the "cool kids" when I write an editorial they all hated. This is good-bye to all of the teachers that didn't really appreciate me all that much.
Good-bye to Mrs. Poll, the only teacher in the world who could've made BIT even remotely fun. I think that you are an amazing teacher and I wish you the best in everything you do. Good-bye to all of my friends I wish you the best in everything you do, Tim, you just might save the world someday.
Good-bye to the inside (and outside) jokes that I will remember always. I will miss the girls who would give me the evil eye in the hallways; you brought a lot of humor to my daily life. I will miss the boys who wouldn’t talk to me because well, I don’t look like a Barbie doll. I want to say that I will miss becoming an honorary member of Miss Ross's seminar, and Justin, I will always be president!
I will miss the long talks of high school drama and the fights at the lunch table. The gossip that the lockers seem to hold. I will miss my third hour adventures with Kerri and my bonding time with the "Media Specialist" in eighth hour.
Good-bye to all of the criticism thrown at me this year, you have been put to good use thickening my skin. Good-bye to worry of being disliked, I should have dropped you years ago.
I will miss talking to random people and making a new friend, every one should step out of the box and try that, its fun and even if you never talk to the person again, you wont look back 10 years from now and say, I wonder what would hae happend if I had just said hello...
The most important good byes are to my newly acquired friends.
Tim, you have taught me that fighting for what you believe in is the best thing to do, and you have showed me not to be a coward. Remember New Years Eve, Going to steak n' Shake, trying to get clothes on and off lol. Don't forget the bird that got loose in the halls and being the animal rights activist that we are we tried to save it. Remember our smoke breaks after school and "Our Entree" at Denny’s.
Stephanie you just make me laugh, all the time, you have showed me that humor can be great therapy. Remember Driving home from Spring Lake at like 2 in the morning… and the creepy guy at the bon fire… Remember wrestling in the halls just because we could.
Justin, well you have taught me that though it is good to fight for things I care about, it can also be good to just sit back and listen. I still think that we should date lol ;) Just kidding. Remember our bonding time with Tim at the Band Concert? Fun… you are the first (and last) person that I went to Homecoming with… my only real date to school dances, thanks bud.
Josh well I still have a huge crush on you and always will. Thank you for always being there to listen when I needed you.
Heather, you are going to change the world with Tim some day. You have definitely changed mine. Any time I ever get Pizza Sticks, I will think of you.. I am so glad that I met your sister the second day of school, because if I hadn't I would have never met you… thank you for sharing Jamie with me at prom when my date was a complete tool!
Kim, keep smiling it brightens the world, and that is a wonderful quality. You have been there when I needed you. Don't ever let that one boy treat you badly or any boy for that matter, because I might have to kill them. One year at Western, after that, it is you and I at some cruddy community college! WHOOOHOOO!
The hardest good bye is for Emily, my best friend, I never expected to meet anyone that was almost exactly like me, lets face it, I am pretty weird. You have been there through every tear, laugh and sneeze, thank you. Don't ever change who you are and what you believe in because even though at times we may disagree, I have become a better person for knowing you. You are an amazingly strong young woman who will dominate what ever you wish. I will always remember BK (2 Double Cheese Burgers only mayo and pickles), Here’s yer sign… Did ya get yer truck stuck? Nope I was delivering the over pass here and I ran out of gas. Shake that little thang.. I will remember laughing at work, no matter how stressed we both are. Our western trip, and the momma tiger that almost tore peoples heads off. Don't forget these things either. I love you.
We are all going our separate ways, and I know that in ten years we may not even speak any more, but I want all of you to know that for the first time in my life I have made real friends, and I will always be around for all of you. Thank you again for making me into who I am this year. It's because of you all that I will survive life with a smile.

No comments: